If you're keeping up with my random spurts of blog posts, you'll know that I've mentioned Munich in... 3 as of now. Well, now that I've said the name again. On that note, I'll do a rundown of my experience there. Fairly summarized, but yeah... on to the content.

My first day there was mainly spent running around in the rain trying to figure out a) where I was staying b) where I could get some lederhosen and then c) where the people I was meeting up with were. Oh, and of course the Oktoberfest part. I've already talked quite a bit about how the experience makes me feel and how I remember it, but not so much of what actually happened. We met up, went to a tent, found table and had some drinks. Then, we, like everyone else climbed up onto the benches and sang and danced to the music. Glasses clinked together, the chants of "Prost!" rang loud and true, and strangers became friends. Once the original group that I was with (they had been there hours before I arrived) left, I befriended the Germans next to me. It was an amazing night, both in experiences and the fact that I made it back to my hostel without a hitch. 

Day 2: I woke up with a slight headache and a dry mouth. Nothing special, but better than expected. Breakfast was gathered and eaten in an attempt to calm my nauseous stomach and then I went to work editing photos and merging 360's. Well, for a moment. I soon received a text from Christina (one of the people from the previous night) asking if I wanted to join them and the others for a day wandering around town. I love wandering aimlessly in new cities, so I quickly obliged. We ended up walking around together for... well... hours. From around 1 pm to well into the evening. We went to churches, the ratskeller, random shops, side streets, the original Höfbräuhaus, and a modern art museum. Within 24 hours I felt as though we had all been friends for years. It was amazing. And then everyone else left town the following day and I met more people back at my hostel. Two French Guys and a Canadian family (2 sisters and their younger brother) from Quebec. We hit it off and they asked if I wanted to go with them to Dachau the next day. We were to leave at 8 am.

Day 3: 7 am hit and I was up, with breakfast in my stomach, and charging my phone. We left around 10-10:30 because the others also needed to charge their things and we needed some time to wake up. Fast forward. Dachau. For those who don't know, it's the site of an SS concentration camp from WWII. Being there isn't an experience I'll remember with any good feelings. Just sadness and depression. I don't feel guilty as my family had absolutely nothing to do with it, but the fact that it happened at all is... it's beyond comprehension. I literally don't understand how anyone did those things. Or how they justified doing those things. Anyways, we were there for 4 or 5 hours before heading back. My friend Joao had to leave, and I wanted to put on my lederhosen as we were going back to Oktoberfest. So the French-speakers went to Marienplatz and I met up with them. As with my previous night there, it was a blast!

Day 4: My French speaking friends and I again grouped up. This time to go to the BMW museum. It's interesting seeing their progression, both in terms of engine sizes, but also materials and fuel. Just from an engineering standpoint, I could have spent all day there. We left within a couple of hours though, and I was already halfway to my next Airbnb location so we parted ways. Enter Mayookh and Jasmin. I was honestly unsure if I was actually going to stay with Mayookh because of how far his place was from city-center, but I'm soooo glad that I did. They're both awesome and the next morning, I got to wake up from my morning stupor to Jasmin singing/playing guitar. It was beautiful. Following that, I went out and took some 360 photos of the city (to be uploaded within the next week) and came back to an invitation from Mayookh to join them at Oktoberfest. Enter Cristiana (Mayookh's Italian friend). I should note that I'm really not a big drinker, but just being in the Oktoberfest tents is such an amazing time that I couldn't say no to at least going. We went out and the pictures that I've uploaded HERE and HERE are a glimpse at the turnout. Somehow, that night ended with Jasmin and I running (literally) around the city, having some good conversation, and eventually going back to the apartment and making/eating pasta. I call that a win.

Day 5: Art museums. I woke up late (due to getting back around 4 am and not going directly to sleep) and once awake, headed directly for the Alte Pinakothek and Neue Pinakothek where I spent the next 6 hours. Afterwards was just packing my bags and moving on to Zeljko's (a Serbian/Croatian that I met my first night) place. We stayed up for a little over 2 hours just talking about the trip, our family histories, and some things relating to history. That was all as he had to go to work in the morning, so I had to be up at the same time. 

Day 6: I left Munich. That was it. Blablacar (ridesharing) south to Garmisch-Partenkirchen where I'll be climbing mountains tomorrow to see Zugspitze. And now we're actually up to speed.